8 March 2017 – 8 March 2018
At a planetary level, we are at the brink of “an extraordinary union that has been many millennia in the making, toward which evolution has been pointing. It is not about a dissolution of gender identities but instead a celebration of the glorious symphony of harmonies that results when complementary forces finally start to act in concert and thus fulfil their infinite potential. It is about humanity progressing to the next stage of our evolution, one in which men and women alike operate from a place of authentic power—power exercised with each other rather than over each other. It is time to end the battle of the sexes and recognize that we are far more than our individual genders. It is time to become fully human.” (Quote extracted from ‘Shakti Leadership’ by Nilima Bhat and Raj Sisodia).
The Shakti Leadership Network is committed to participate in and partner with individuals and organizations that are working towards the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goal 5 (SDG5) – Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls. While SDG5 focuses on rebalancing the world by empowering women and girls, we urge you to go a step beyond, and initiate gender reconciliation.
We are happy to launch the #RiseInLoveTogether Movement on 8 March 2017, International Women’s Day (IWD). Between IWD 2017 and 2018, we intend to co-create and/or support any activities, events, circles, workshops, etc. based on the theme of gender reconciliation. Wherever you are in the world, whatever you do, we welcome you to participate in this movement in any manner you can. Together, let’s change our reality and nurture a sustainable planet.
- If you would like to organize an event, however large or small, as a part of the #RiseInLoveTogether Movement and need any inputs in terms of content or ideas, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tag @ShaktiLeadership on Facebook and we will look to support you.
- Remember to use the hashtag #RiseInLoveTogether (or #RILT, if you are crunched for space on microblogs) in any posts related to your activities, so as to digitally participate in this worldwide movement.
- Please use the hashtag #RiseInLoveTogether or #RILT if you happen to attend an event supporting the movement, so that we know you’re with us. We appreciate every bit of support to this cause!
What you can do to #RiseInLoveTogether
On your couch
- Share, don’t just like. If you see an interesting social media post about gender reconciliation, share it so folks in your network see it too.
- Speak up! Have conversations with your family and friends on their ideas on gender and work on going beyond limited notions that may not be serving them.
- Observe roles at home and think about whether traditional notions of gender arrest people in certain roles. Step into your power gracefully and attempt rebalancing.
- How comfortable are women and girls at home, in talking about their biological realities? Work to openly discuss issues such as periods, pregnancy, sexual preferences, etc. so as to co-create a safe and inclusive world for us all.
Outside your house
- Bring to attention any spaces where you observe gender-based discrimination. Gently yet firmly, bring in facts to the notice of the people involved and initiate a dialogue.
- Organize conversations, circles, talks and other events to get people to discuss issues related to gender. Help the world reconcile, one individual at a time.
Harmonious, long-lasting and mutually supportive significant relationships are key to health and happiness. Yet, in this time of unprecedented socio-economic change and gender (and gender-role) fluidity, the state of man-woman relationship is in a state of disrepair and confusion. Women and the Feminine capacity to love, listen, include and empathise are called to lead the way. And men and the Masculine qualities of strength, independence, clarity and courage are invited to rise up in partnership, to create a wholeness within and together that is urgently needed.
The United Nations has outlined 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Among these, 16 are external realities that need to shift. Gender is an internal, personal reality. We believe that if this critical factor shifts, there will be a natural impetus gained by all other SDGs, because something core to humanity will have shifted. Let’s co-create a world that works for us all. Partner with us to #RiseInLoveTogether.
To download this concept note for your reference, click here.
21-day #RiseInLoveTogether Challenge
Ask us about our 21-day Shakti Leadership Challenge, which we launched on Feb 21, 2017 on KindSpring. To kick-start our year-long campaign for Gender Reconciliation between the two International Women’s Days: 8 Mar 2017 – 8 Mar 2018.
The 21-day Challenge called #RiseInLoveTogether is available to be run within organizations, networks and communities. Write to email@example.com to receive your deck.